What is the Career Opportunity?
The Dealer Relationship Manager (DRM) is responsible for the marketing and sales of the company’s targeted direct mail programs in their specific market, made up exclusively of franchise, independent and Buy Here Pay Here dealerships. Their main purpose will be presentation and sales of our cutting-edge products. This will include, but not be limited to, day-to-day managing of dealer accounts, assisting in training,and providing professional experience to help the dealer achieve success with the products they have purchased, and providing best-in-class customer service and acting as a liaison between their dealerships and Credit Mail Experts.
Typical Workday: Daily management of dealer accounts through physical visits, phone calls, emails, faxes and follow up. Provide best-in-class customer service through daily interaction with all internal and external associates and dealer partners. Establish and cultivate relationships with dealership personnel and provide training on all CME programs. Also:
- Conducting sales and finance presentations to demonstrate the use of company products. Correctly utilize and update all reporting and sales tools, including the sales management tools;
- Supporting all corporate internal departments that interact with the dealerships;
- Monthly goal setting and reporting to VP regarding progress and issues in the market, and monthly one-on-one meetings with VP regarding market trends and game planning for future sales growth;
- Attending and participating during meetings and conference calls;
- Marketing promotional campaigns and dealer incentives;
- Successfully completing additional initiatives and meeting VP expectations.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 2 years of experience in automotive outside account management. Previous direct mail or subprime finance experience a plus. Direct experience demonstrating best-in-class customer service and relationship-building skills. Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills. Strong presentation and public speaking skills are a must.
Benefits: Salary, expense allowance plus uncapped commissions. Medical, vacation, and 401K.